Do you squirm at some of the material viewed on the big and small screens?
You're not alone.
Most Americans (57 percent) feel there is too much inappropriate content on television and radio while just over half (51 percent) believe movies and the motion picture industry have an impact on society in a negative way, notes Grumpy Editor.
The figures come from a Rasmussen Reports survey conducted Jan. 26 and 27.
- 62 percent say violent movies lead to more violence in everyday life while 21 percent think films’ influence is positive.
- 40 percent point to sexual content as the biggest problem with movies.
- 10 percent cite profanity as the top problem in movies.
- 76 percent say adults are responsible for making sure young movie-goers are not exposed to inappropriate content, while 14 percent say it’s the film industry’s job and 4 percent pin the duty on the government.
- Among those with children at home, 80 percent mention parents are more responsible for screening out inappropriate material.